What is Fitness?
At Crossfit Darien we strive to help individuals based on their fitness and ability level. We cater to your needs through our ramp up program, intelligent programming, and competent experienced trainers. Through the Crossfit prescription we strive to better peoples lives to make them prepared for life’s demands well into old age.
The Crossfit prescription (Rx) of Fitness is as follows:
- Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat.
- Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, press, C&J, and snatch.
- Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pulls-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, press to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast.
- Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense.
- Regularly learn and play new sports.
Courtesy of CrossFit Inc.
What We've Achieved
- Founded in 2009 and grew to a consistent client base of over 150
- Improving clients lives and performance daily
- One CrossFit Games masters competitor
- Several competitive CrossFit, and Olympic lifting athletes
- All trainers are CrossFit certified and have undergone extensive in house mentoring
- Gym has expanded within the existing facility to better serve its clients
- 2012 Patch Readers Choice Award Winner